Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Peace (The Fruit of the Spirit in You)

Peace                                                                                       Day 46

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.               6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
Psalm 23:1-6    

   The Twenty-third Psalm has been read and memorized for generations. Even though it only consists of merely six verses, its power is obvious. The Psalm is an indicator of our need for comfort. Through each generation, this Psalm has reminded us that peace is available to us because of who and how our God is. He is a God who can grant us peace by covering our needs.

 Just from the verbs of the scripture, we learn how He cares for us. God makes us lie down in green pastures, leads us, restores our souls, comforts us, prepares a table before us, and anoints us. He does all of this while He “is” with us. Meanwhile, all that is left for us is to choose not to fear the shadows of difficulty and simply let Him have our cups run over with His blessings. By doing this, His goodness and mercy will follow us for life.

Let us choose to follow our great Shepherd. Let us look for the ways He exists with us. Let us take the time to understand that through our various situations and positions in life, He can guide us. No matter our circumstances (even when we put ourselves in bad situations), we eventually may find peace if we follow our Shepherd.

See more at www.thefruitinyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment